Student Immigration Service
Careers students

Click here for immigration guidance for those affected by the COVID-19 outbreak:

  • If you are in the UK and your visa expires between 24 January 2020 and 31 May 2020
  • If you need to apply for a new visa but are not able to do it from the UK
  • If you are outside of the UK
  • University guidance for current students
  • Collecting your BRP
International students

Our office is closed in light of the latest COVID-19?government guidance. We are therefore suspending face to face appointments. If you need assistance with your visa, you should in the first instance email, and if appropriate, we will be able to set up a Skype appointment at a suitable date and time.?

If you are making a visa application? (including a BRP replacement application), you should ensure you use your UK postal address. If you have already submitted an application and used the University address, you should contact the relevant courier (TNT) on 0345 608 0630 to organise delivery to an alternative address.?

If you have already been notified that your BRP has arrived in Old College, we will be in contact with you by email to discuss your circumstances.?

A student outside McEwan Hall

Guidance on applying for a Tier 4 visa or short-term student?visa to study at the University of Edinburgh.

A group of female students

Visa options for those who wish to work in the UK during or after their studies.

A family on the Meadows

Immigration for family members and dependants.

Flags of different European countries against a blue sky

Information for students from the European Union, European Economic Area and Switzerland.

Students looking at a timetable

Information about support available to non-UK students and applicants at the University of Edinburgh.

University crest on a glass door

Advice and guidance for University of Edinburgh staff working with Tier 4 students.